Officers from the Sûreté du Québec’s (SQ) North Shore Organized Crime Coordination Team, investigation department, and patrol officers from the MRC d’Argenteuil conducted several drug searches on April 30 in Lachute and Brownsburg-Chatham.
Police Searched four homes and one vehicle on rue Isabella and avenue d’Argenteuil, in Lachute as well as on rue Louis-Seize and rue des Érables, in Brownsburg-Chatham.
During these searches, police seized:
- Nearly 1,600 methamphetamine tablets;
- More than 120 grams of cocaine;
- More than 95 grams of crack;
- A loaded .22 caliber handgun and a loaded 30-30 rifle;
- More than 500 Oxycontin tablets;
- More than 200 Xanax tablets;
- More than 50 hydromorphone tablets;
- More than 20 Fentanyl stamps;
- Over $ 20,000 in Canadian money;
The operation stemmed from an investigation launched in February 2020 following information received from the public.
The investigation is continuing, and arrests are expected in this case.
Remember that any information on criminal acts or suspicious events can be reported to the Sûreté du Québec Criminal Information Center at 1 800 659-4264.