Further to local restrictions introduced, the Province of Ontario has issued an emergency order under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act to close all outdoor recreational amenities.
The following amenities within the township’s parks are closed to the public to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Park Modules
- Sports fields
- Basketball and tennis courts
- Skateboard and BMX park
- Picnic areas
- Outdoor community gardens
- Park shelters
- Outdoor rinks
- Marinas and boat launches
These closures are aligned with the Eastern Ontario Health Unit’s Medical Officer of Health’s strong direction to residents to practice physical distancing and avoid gatherings in public settings.
- Stay six feet away from each other (physical distancing)
- Avoid all non-essential gatherings of any size
- Stay home from work and other activities if you are sick
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently (for at least 20 seconds)
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with tissue paper. Throw the tissue paper away and wash your hands thoroughly. If you do not have tissue paper, cough or sneeze into the bend of your elbow or in your upper sleeve.
- Clean and disinfect high touch areas frequently