On November 4, 2019, members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), assisted by the OPP East Region Emergency Response Team (ERT), and the OPP Canine Unit (K9), executed a Search Warrant at a residence in the Champlain Township, resulting in the seizure of a prohibited weapon, two firearms, ammunitions, prohibited devices, and Psilocybin, commonly known as Magic Mushrooms.
A 34-year-old Champlain Township man was arrested and charged under the Criminal Code of Canada with the following sections:
– Importing a Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition knowing it is unauthorized
– Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition
– Possession of Prohibited device or ammunition for Dangerous Purpose
– Careless storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited device or ammunition – (2 counts)
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm – (2 counts)
The accused was also charged under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act with “Possession of a Schedule III Substance “.
The accused was released and scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in L’Orignal on January 8, 2020.
3 Months for only 99¢! Click here to join now!
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- Funding helps local businesses improve processes, remain competitive - December 6, 2019
- Vankleek Hill businesses can take advantage of Digital Main Street funds; the application deadline is December 31, 2019 - December 6, 2019
- The Golden Circlet: a children’s tale of adventure with charms all its own - December 2, 2019