Two drivers had their driver’s permits seized for seven days, had their vehicles impounded and were charged with stunt driving in the region recently.
On September 26-27, 2019, Ontario Provincial Police officers conducted speed measuring enforcement in SD&G and intercepted the following vehicles for traveling at excessive speeds. The drivers were charged with Stunt Driving (Highway Traffic Act), their driver’s permits seized for seven days (7 days) and the vehicles were impounded in accordance to policy.
– September 26, 2019- 7:37pm (South Glengarry) vehicle stopped traveling 148km/h (80km/h zone) (County Road 20). A 23 year-old driver from North Glengarry, Ontario was charged.
– September 27, 2019- 8:37pm (South Glengarry) vehicle stopped traveling 164km/h (100km/h zone) (Highway 401). A 46-year-old driver from Ontario was charged.
Anyone having information on the above or any crime is asked to call S D and G OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- Two arrested in connection with October 7 home invasion in Alexandria - October 14, 2019
- Additional charges laid in mail fraud investigation - October 14, 2019
- $5,000 in fines for shooting at decoy - October 8, 2019