A former clerk-treasurer of the Township of East Hawkesbury will appear in court on August 21 related to charges of fraud, creating false documents and breach of trust of her public position.
The Review reported in August 2017 that Rozon had left her position at the township abruptly in June, following the discovery of $53,000 found missing by Deloitte as part of a routine audit. Rozon, whose career at the municipality spanned 38 years, paid back the missing funds and the municipality did not press charges at that time.
Auditors continued to work at the municipality and a new accounting system was been put in place to replace the manual system which had been in place for years.
But Radio Canada broke the story a few days ago that Rozon is being charged with allegedly defrauding the municipality of a total of $375,825. In all, there are 25 counts of fraud, the making of false documents and breach of trust being faced by the 59-year-old Rozon. The amounts taken from the municipality between 2008 and 2017 vary from $500 to $61,530, according to the Radio Canada story.
The Review was unable to connect with East Hawkesbury Mayor Robert Kirby as of press time. The cost of the lengthy audit has not been disclosed.
You could win TWO weekend passes, value of $90, to Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019!
To enter, follow these simple instructions:
- Take a photo at our selfie station outside of our offices at 76 Main Street E, then post it on Facebook or Instagram.
- Use hashtag #VKHReviewContest in your post.
- Tag us in your photo! @vkhreview
Be sure to follow @vkhreview on Instagram and Facebook! Contest ends September 16, 2019 at 12 p.m. A random winner will be chosen and announced on our social media pages. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- The Nation violated Municipal Act, but was okay on a few other fronts - September 9, 2019
- Westbound on/off ramps at Highway 417/Highway 34 interchange will be closed for one month starting September 16 - September 6, 2019
- 26-year-old Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts woman missing - September 6, 2019