Now in its 161st year, Russell Fair is coming up September 5 through 8, 2019 with more new and improved events.
Have you ever watched a blacksmith or bladesmith working on TV and wondered how you could get started? “Forged at Fair” is a new event this year to give a few people a unique opportunity to try their hand at forging steel. You’ll be guided through an introductory project that shows you how to safely get things hot and move some metal.Lead by an experienced smith, each 90 minute session will cover:
● Introduction to the forge area, including a safety briefing
● The “big 3” forging processes: drawing out, bending, twisting
● One project: either a leaf key ring OR an S-hook
You must pre-register by emailing [email protected] to indicate your interest. Ages 16 and up, minors must be accompanied by their parent or guardian. Session availability is limited, one session per person
New this year is that your gate admission includes the Friday night dance featuring Sticks ‘n Stones. We will also have Charlie the Kid on Saturday and Maureen Fawcett on Sunday. The Capital Cow Girls will be performing on Saturday.
A BMX crew as well as a Circus Act (The Chocolate con Leche Show) will be performing throughout the weekend. Of course the usual favourites including the truck pull, demo derby and tractor pull will be back. The legendary Education Day will be on Friday and Saturday. The popular Touch a Truck will be back also. The Robertson Midway is bringing a new ride this year as well. For a more detailed schedule please visit: www.russellfair.com
For more information: please call Theresa Wever, president, at 613-799-8570 or [email protected]
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- Modifying your vehicle? Make sure to follow the rules, say police - August 21, 2019
- Défi Desjardins Challenge on September 14 will raise funds for Valoris Foundation - August 20, 2019
- Former East Hawkesbury clerk-treasurer facing fraud charges - August 20, 2019