Have your say. It’s time to weigh in on intermunicipal transportation system in our region.
The United Counties of Prescott and Russell (UCPR) are pleased to announce the launch of an online survey to understand and evaluate the needs of future users of the region’s new intermunicipal transit service within the region.
Residents are invited to make their interests and travel habits known by filling out the online survey as of today, and until May 10, by visiting the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PRTranspoEn. The survey only takes five to seven minutes to complete.
Last February, the UCPR and the Ontario Ministry of Transportation announced $1.5 million in financial support over four years to create an intermunicipal transportation system in the region. The online survey and consultations will be essential to properly plan routes, identify stops, establish schedules, and set fares.
In addition, five bilingual public consultations are planned throughout the Counties. At these gatherings, UCPR representatives will present possible routes and consult with attendees regarding schedules, stops, and fares expected for the launch of the new Prescott and Russell Transpo service, beginning in September. This will be an ideal opportunity to comment on the proposed routes.
The consultations will be held at local community halls, beginning at 6:30 p.m. The dates and locations are as follows:
- Vankleek Hill, Tuesday, April 30, 2019 – 36 Mill Street, 2nd Floor
- Limoges, Wednesday, May 1, 2019 – 205 Limoges Road
- Plantagenet, Thursday, May 2, 2019 – 220 Main Street
- St-Eugène, Wednesday, May 8, 2019 – 1123 Labrosse Street
- Bourget, Thursday, May 9, 2019 – 19 Lavigne Street
The new intermunicipal public transit system in Prescott and Russell will make it easier for thousands of residents to travel, as early as next September. Your participation in the survey and consultations will allow the UCPR to provide an efficient service that will meet the travel needs of its population. We look forward to seeing you there.
For more information, please contact Isabelle Péladeau at [email protected] or at 613-675-4661, extension 8112.
EXPERIENCE Vankleek Hill
Do you enjoy reading local news as it happens? Then NOW is the time to subscribe! We have a FABULOUS subscription offer for you!!! SUBSCRIBE to our print and e-edition for only 81 cents per week, that’s just $42 (HST incl) per year! Then choose your $5 voucher to redeem at a LOCAL business. Participating businesses are: Apex Escape Rooms, Beau’s Brewery, Broken Kettle Bakery & Barkery, Jade Garden, Nicko’s Resto Bar, Pink Bow Tie, Trillium Tea Room, Vankleek Cottage and VKH Massage Clinic.
Act now. An offer this good won’t last long!
CLICK HERE to subscribe and choose your voucher.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- Emergency continues in Sainte-André-d’Argenteuil as residents evacuate their homes - April 20, 2019
- River levels rising, but rain forecast has been downgraded. Volunteers are at work in area municipalities, filling sandbags - April 20, 2019
- South Nation Conservation warns: Ottawa River water levels could raise one meter above current elevation over the next four days - April 19, 2019