On April 5, 2019, at approximately 4:40 p.m., Russell County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers and Crime Unit responded to a disturbance at a local business on Concession Street in the Town of Russell, Ontario.
The investigation revealed that an altercation occurred between two adult males, in which one of them suffered non-life threatening injuries. Prescott-Russell Emergency Medical Services (EMS) attended to assess the male’s injuries. The victim attended the hospital himself.
As a result of the investigation, a 54-year-old Embrun man was charged with:
• Assault With A Weapon CC 267(a) and
• Assault Causing Bodily Harm CC 267(b)
The accused was held for bail.
EXPERIENCE Vankleek Hill
Do you enjoy reading local news as it happens? Then NOW is the time to subscribe! We have a FABULOUS subscription offer for you!!! SUBSCRIBE to our print and e-edition for only 81 cents per week, that’s just $42 (HST incl) per year! Then choose your $5 voucher to redeem at a LOCAL business. Participating businesses are: Apex Escape Rooms, Beau’s Brewery, Broken Kettle Bakery & Barkery, Jade Garden, Nicko’s Resto Bar, Pink Bow Tie, Trillium Tea Room, Vankleek Cottage and VKH Massage Clinic.
Act now. An offer this good won’t last long!
CLICK HERE to subscribe and choose your voucher.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- Emergency continues in Sainte-André-d’Argenteuil as residents evacuate their homes - April 20, 2019
- River levels rising, but rain forecast has been downgraded. Volunteers are at work in area municipalities, filling sandbags - April 20, 2019
- South Nation Conservation warns: Ottawa River water levels could raise one meter above current elevation over the next four days - April 19, 2019