In December 2018, as a result of a joint investigation with the “Service de police de la Ville de Montréal” (SPVM), the Hawkesbury Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), along with members of the Hawkesbury OPP Crime Unit executed a search warrant at a residence of La Grande-Montée Road in the East Hawkesbury Township.
The search resulted in the recovery of four stolen motor vehicles, including a 24-foot cargo truck containing more than 8,500 liters of diesel fuel, stored in 1,000 liters plastic reservoirs. A large quantity of shop tools and related equipment was also recovered from the residence, allowing investigators to resolve several recent break & enter and theft investigations that occurred within the Hawkesbury jurisdiction and the Montreal surrounding areas.
On January 24, 2019, as a result of the investigation, a 53-year-old East Hawkesbury man was arrested by the Hawkesbury OPP.
On January 30, 2019, the Hawkesbury OPP Crime Unit made a second arrest of a 34-year-old East Hawkesbury man, on an outstanding warrant. They were both charged under the Criminal Code of Canada with the following sections:
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000 – in Canada (5 counts)
- Break, Enter a place – commit indictable offence (4 counts)
- Theft of Motor Vehicle (4 counts)
- Theft Under $5000
- Mischief Under $ 5,000
Both were detained for a Bail Hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice located in L’Orignal. They were then released on a Recognizance of bail.
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- Two arrested in connection with October 7 home invasion in Alexandria - October 14, 2019
- Additional charges laid in mail fraud investigation - October 14, 2019
- $5,000 in fines for shooting at decoy - October 8, 2019