The City of Lachute invites the public to rediscover the joy of winter outdoor activities on Saturday, January 26, at Barron Park as part of Plaisirs d’Hiver! The city is pleased to be partnering again this year thanks to support from the provincial Ministry of Education and Kino-Québec.
All the fun takes place between 1 p.m. and 8 p.m., when participants will be able to enjoy many outdoor activities. This year’s program includes a DJ, animation, a sliding hill, archery tag, inflatable games, sleigh rides and dog sleds!
Want to show your creative side? Participate in the snowman contest or make snow paintings with the Maison de la Famille! The more cautious will be able to warm themselves by tasting soup and hot drinks that will be offered for free on-site or make taffy on the snow! Again this year, Café Partage d’Argenteuil will take care of the food service during the day.
At 3 pm, do not miss the Ritume du Nord Special Winter Pleasures run and practice Zumba just before the start! A good way to take a breath of fresh air and get warm at the same time!
In the evening, Lachute will be a hot place to be! The evening will be heat up at 5 p.m., thanks to the Kaboum show, presented by Louve, when fire-eaters will offer a fiery outdoor performance! A bonfire will amaze young and old and visitors can skate by candlelight on the ice rink.
This is the event of the season not to be missed! The City of Lachute is inviting you to Barron Park on January 26!
Several winter activities coming up in the next weeks
In addition to celebrating the joys of winter outdoors with Plaisirs d’Hiver, many outdoor activities will follow in the coming weeks.
• The Winter Classic to the End, at the Ayers Park Indoor Rink, will be back this year on Sunday, Jan. 27, to raise funds for the Jusqu’au Bout. The schedule of the games will be available soon!
• The Stars-MAHG Hockey Festival will take place the following weekend, February 2nd and 3rd. The seventh edition of the event will welcome pre-novice players (ages 4 to 6) who will be able to demonstrate their talent on the ice!
• The Canadian Cross-Country Ski Marathon will also make its grand arrival in downtown Barron Park on February 10th! Come and warmly welcome the skiers! You can also participate in the event, alone, with family or friends, and whatever your level! For all registration details, visit skimarathon.ca.
Also remember that outdoor rinks are open when weather conditions are favorable. They are located at Barron Park, Ayers Park and École secondaire Polyvalente-Lavigne High School. At Richelieu Park, a lighted 2.5 km-trail for walking, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing is also available every day of the week until 10 pm.
Also watch for the spring break activity pamphlet, which will offer a variety of activities to get you moving, to end the winter in style! Winter, a boring season? Not in Lachute!
EXPERIENCE Vankleek Hill
Do you enjoy reading local news as it happens? Then NOW is the time to subscribe! We have a FABULOUS subscription offer for you!!! SUBSCRIBE to our print and e-edition for only 81 cents per week, that’s just $42 (HST incl) per year! Then choose your $5 voucher to redeem at a LOCAL business. Participating businesses are: Apex Escape Rooms, Beau’s Brewery, Broken Kettle Bakery & Barkery, Jade Garden, Nicko’s Resto Bar, Pink Bow Tie, Trillium Tea Room, Vankleek Cottage and VKH Massage Clinic.
Act now. An offer this good won’t last long!
CLICK HERE to subscribe and choose your voucher.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
Latest posts by Submitted (see all)
- Profits from Washer Toss fundraiser to benefit the HGH - April 15, 2019
- Tree giveaway for the residents of The Nation Municipality - April 15, 2019
- Where is Earth headed? Où s’en va la Terre ? - April 15, 2019