The SDG Library is challenging everyone in SDG to read for 15 minutes on January 25 and celebrate Family Literacy Day with them.
The Library is joining other public libraries in Ontario and Alberta and taking part in the ‘Read for 15’ challenge. Residents in SDG are encouraged to participate simply by reading anything they want – a book, an online article, a magazine, recipes, a cereal box – anything, for 15 minutes.
“The ‘Read for 15’ challenge is a fun and easy way to support literacy in our communities” said Susan Wallwork, Communications & Marketing Librarian. “It encourages participants to read something they enjoy for just a short time, which makes it easier to do with our busy lives.”
There are three steps to participate in the ‘Read For 15’ challenge:
- Read your chosen material for 15 minutes on January 25.
- Let the Library know through social media using the hashtag #ReadFor15SDG or email [email protected].
- Challenge your friends and family to join the fun.
Help show the importance of literacy and join the #ReadFor15SDG challenge!
EXPERIENCE Vankleek Hill
Do you enjoy reading local news as it happens? Then NOW is the time to subscribe! We have a FABULOUS subscription offer for you!!! SUBSCRIBE to our print and e-edition for only 81 cents per week, that’s just $42 (HST incl) per year! Then choose your $5 voucher to redeem at a LOCAL business. Participating businesses are: Apex Escape Rooms, Beau’s Brewery, Broken Kettle Bakery & Barkery, Jade Garden, Nicko’s Resto Bar, Pink Bow Tie, Trillium Tea Room, Vankleek Cottage and VKH Massage Clinic.
Act now. An offer this good won’t last long!
CLICK HERE to subscribe and choose your voucher.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
Latest posts by Submitted (see all)
- Profits from Washer Toss fundraiser to benefit the HGH - April 15, 2019
- Tree giveaway for the residents of The Nation Municipality - April 15, 2019
- Where is Earth headed? Où s’en va la Terre ? - April 15, 2019