Updated: Police have identified the deceased man as Paul Jobin, and laid charges against 73-year-old Richard Fortin for first-degree murder.
Russell County Ontario Provincial Police are investigating the death of a 75-year-old man. One man has been taken into custody.
On November 6, 2018, members of the Russell County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), Clarence-Rockland Fire Services and Prescott and Russell Paramedics responded to a call of possible gunshots at a private residence in Clarence-Rockland.
A 75-year-old male was transported to hospital and later pronounced deceased. One male is in police custody.
The investigation is continuing by the Russell County Crime Unit with the assistance of the OPP East Region Support Team and the Long Sault Forensic Identification Unit, under the direction of Detective Inspector Dave MacDonald of the Criminal Investigation Branch (CIB).
More information will be released as it becomes available.
The OPP is asking anyone with information regarding this incident to contact police at 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.
You could win TWO weekend passes, value of $90, to Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019!
To enter, follow these simple instructions:
- Take a photo at our selfie station outside of our offices at 76 Main Street E, then post it on Facebook or Instagram.
- Use hashtag #VKHReviewContest in your post.
- Tag us in your photo! @vkhreview
Be sure to follow @vkhreview on Instagram and Facebook! Contest ends September 16, 2019 at 12 p.m. A random winner will be chosen and announced on our social media pages. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- The Nation violated Municipal Act, but was okay on a few other fronts - September 9, 2019
- Westbound on/off ramps at Highway 417/Highway 34 interchange will be closed for one month starting September 16 - September 6, 2019
- 26-year-old Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts woman missing - September 6, 2019