On Wednesday, September 12, 2018, at approx. 6:30 p.m., Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) – Russell County detachment – received a complaint about a suspicious vehicle driven by a male who approached children walking near the arena in Embrun, Ontario.
This unknown male driving a red SUV slowed down on Blais Street and engage in a conversation with the children. The driver rolled down the passenger window and told the two youths; “He was just on the phone with their parents and they wanted him to drop them off at their home”.
Assistance is being sought from the public in helping to identify him, and/or the vehicle with the following description:
The male is described as:
- Between 5’9″ -6′
- Caucasian male
- Muscular built
- Right arm full of tattoos
- English speaking with no accent
- Medium length dark hair
- Long side burns
- Wearing a tank top white
- Sunglasses on top of the head
The vehicle is described as:
- Mazda CX5 shiny red;
- Brand new tires;
- Dark tinted windows;
- At the top left of the back windshield it was written “keep calm” and something written in pink;
- Partial marker C##V ### or C##K ###.
Police invites parents to discuss and review the “Stranger Danger” tips with their children. If you or anyone you know are aware of this male’s identity or have any further information about this incident, you are asked to contact the Russell County OPP at 613-443-4499 or OPP Communication Centre at 1-888-310-1122.
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- Man arrested in connection with mail fraud - June 14, 2019
- Drug warrants executived in Bourget, Alfred and Plantagenet Township - June 13, 2019
- Province launching working group to take a look at compostable packaging materials - June 13, 2019