Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) – The Russell County Detachment has received two separate complaints about a suspicious male attempting to pick up a child from a local day care and a suspicious vehicle which followed a child biking in Russell, ON.
The first incident occurred on Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at approx. 5:00 p.m. A male attended a local day care and pretended he wanted to pick up a child but could only provide a first name. The staff confirmed with parents that no one was supposed to pick up their child.
The suspect was described as:
- Caucasian male
- Approx. 5’9″
- 35-40 years old
- English speaking with no accent
- Cover with tattoo
- Well built
- Facial hair – (unshaved, no goatee and no sideburns)
- Wearing plaid t-shirt
The second incident occurred on Wednesday September 5, 2018 at approx. 2:30 p.m. An unknown person driving an older black car slowed down and followed a child biking on Concession Street and Craig Street in Russell, ON. The windows and windshield were tinted so assistance is being sought from the public in helping to identify the vehicle with the following description:
The vehicle is described as:
- Older black car (size between a Honda Civic and Nissan Maxima)
- With tinted windows and windshield
- Dark rims
- Unknown marker
- Rust above from plate
It is unknown if the two incidents are connected. If you can assist to identify the male or the vehicle or have any information in regards those events please contact Detective Constable Michael CUNNING ([email protected]) or 613-443-4499 or toll free at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or call 9-1-1.
EXPERIENCE Vankleek Hill
Do you enjoy reading local news as it happens? Then NOW is the time to subscribe! We have a FABULOUS subscription offer for you!!! SUBSCRIBE to our print and e-edition for only 81 cents per week, that’s just $42 (HST incl) per year! Then choose your $5 voucher to redeem at a LOCAL business. Participating businesses are: Apex Escape Rooms, Beau’s Brewery, Broken Kettle Bakery & Barkery, Jade Garden, Nicko’s Resto Bar, Pink Bow Tie, Trillium Tea Room, Vankleek Cottage and VKH Massage Clinic.
Act now. An offer this good won’t last long!
CLICK HERE to subscribe and choose your voucher.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- Emergency continues in Sainte-André-d’Argenteuil as residents evacuate their homes - April 20, 2019
- River levels rising, but rain forecast has been downgraded. Volunteers are at work in area municipalities, filling sandbags - April 20, 2019
- South Nation Conservation warns: Ottawa River water levels could raise one meter above current elevation over the next four days - April 19, 2019