The town of Brownsburg-Chatham will be hosting a public consultation on May 23, 2018, at 7 pm in Salle communautaire Louis-Renaud, located at 270, rue du Canton.
The goal of this consultation is to gather opinions and ideas for its new, upcoming multi-purpose centre.
A little over one year ago, the town asked the government for financial aid for this endeavour and managed to obtain $3.8 million for the project.
According to David Toussaint, Recreation and Culture Director for Brownsburg-Chatham, 66% of the funds required for the project were obtained through government funding (33% federal and 33% provincial).
The project originally submitted had a cost of $6 million and included work on the library. According to Toussaint, this additional part is still being negotiated.
As for the multi-purpose centre, many details still need to be hammered out, which is why the town is looking for input from its residents.
So far, the centre will hold two or three multi-purpose rooms, a large gym that doubles as both a reception hall and theatre and a library.
“We want to know what the needs of the population and local organizations are,” said Toussaint.
You could win TWO weekend passes, value of $90, to Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019!
To enter, follow these simple instructions:
- Take a photo at our selfie station outside of our offices at 76 Main Street E, then post it on Facebook or Instagram.
- Use hashtag #VKHReviewContest in your post.
- Tag us in your photo! @vkhreview
Be sure to follow @vkhreview on Instagram and Facebook! Contest ends September 16, 2019 at 12 p.m. A random winner will be chosen and announced on our social media pages. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.
Latest posts by Cedrik Bertrand (see all)
- Meo Bicycle and The Blue Corner Flea Market – An exhilarating shopping experience that transcends past, present and future - November 1, 2018
- Sarah Cole Cider tackles Ontario market from new home base in Vankleek Hill - October 16, 2018
- Local company helps the Ottawa Wolves bring the Bingham Cup rugby tournament to Ottawa - October 5, 2018