Argenteuil MP Yves St-Denis recently announced the upcoming 2018-2020 road programming, representing over 15 road-work projects spread over the two-year period.
According to a press release issued by the Québec government, the investment represents a total sum of $149,290,000, with $ 12,717,000 of that amount originating from various partners.
Over the next two years, the Laurentides region will see a total of 112 construction sites, “creating or maintaining a total of 957 jobs”.
The various projects are divided into four categories: road safety, road network improvement, infrastructure maintenance and comfort.
The following is a list of upcoming projects:
- Installation of safety barriers on some of Grenville-sur-la-Rouge’s bridges
- Adjustment of a Highway 50 curve in the Lachute area
- Reconstruction of the chemin Tour-du-Lac bridge near Légaré Lake
- Rehabilitation of the chemin Larose bridge in Montcalm
- Rehabilitation of culverts on route 327 in St-Adolphe-d’Howard
- Repair of Dunany bridge in Lachute
- Repair of the Kenna Boulevard bridge in St-Colomban
- Repair of the chemin Nazaire bridge in Wentworth-North
- Paving of several kilometres for chemin Dunany
Residents should start seeing new construction sites over the following months. The ministry wishes to remind everyone to be careful when driving through construction sites.
While you are here, we have a small ask.
More people are reading The Review than ever before — across our many platforms. So far, we have not put up a paywall to limit the stories you can read. We want to keep you in the news loop. But advertising revenues are increasingly going to the big two: you know who they are. If you value The Review’s independent, local community journalism, or you value the many ways we support dozens of community organizations in their endeavours, consider supporting our work. It takes time, effort and professional smarts to stay on top of community news and present well-researched, objective news articles on issues which matter to you.
If you read stories on this website, or you have come here from an Instant Article post on Facebook, think about subscribing. It would be a vote of confidence for the work that we do, and for the future well-being of your community.
Latest posts by Cedrik Bertrand (see all)
- Primal CF team combines fitness, crosstraining and healthy living… Right here in Vankleek Hill - September 5, 2018
- Ten Prescott and Russell organizations united to transform September into Culture Month - September 3, 2018
- MRC d’Argenteuil’s agriculture communautaire project is looking for harvest volunteers - August 28, 2018