About two dozen North Glengarry firefighters were on the scene at a fire on Saturday morning, January 27 in North Glengarry. The burning building was being used as a chicken coop, and 16 chickens died as a result of the fire.
The damage is estimated at $20,000; firefighters were able to save a nearby building from also catching fire.
The fire occurred at about 8:45 a.m. at 20755 Laggan-Glenelg Road in North Glengarry, according to a press release issued by the municipality.
You could win TWO weekend passes, value of $90, to Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019!
To enter, follow these simple instructions:
- Take a photo at our selfie station outside of our offices at 76 Main Street E, then post it on Facebook or Instagram.
- Use hashtag #VKHReviewContest in your post.
- Tag us in your photo! @vkhreview
Be sure to follow @vkhreview on Instagram and Facebook! Contest ends September 16, 2019 at 12 p.m. A random winner will be chosen and announced on our social media pages. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- The Nation violated Municipal Act, but was okay on a few other fronts - September 9, 2019
- Westbound on/off ramps at Highway 417/Highway 34 interchange will be closed for one month starting September 16 - September 6, 2019
- 26-year-old Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts woman missing - September 6, 2019