Indulge your creativity on the first Sunday of every month in Brownsburg-Chatham.
La Branche culturelle in Brownsburg-Chatham is organizing the “Café Canopée” — a gathering and artistic creation space in a relaxed atmosphere on the first Sunday of every month. The proposed activities will vary from month to month, but any artist wanting to attend and create works on the spot will be welcome.
The official launch of this event series in February 4, 2018, from 1 to 3 p.m. It all takes place at St-Louis-de-France Church – 354, rue Principale, Brownsburg-Chatham. At 1:30 p.m., the Aube vocal duo will perform and you will be able to see live pastel creations come to live, thanks to Francois Jobin. Aline Gravel will be presenting a creative journaling workshop and there will be an art card exchange (ATC) and a craft corner for children.
The public is invited to:
- bring a book, or borrow one from the library of La Branche culturelle;
- enjoy a coffee and homemade pastry (voluntary donations);
- admire the creative work of a present artist;
- bring a child to give him the opportunity make a craft;
- participate in an artistic workshop, creative journaling, artistic card exchange (ATC);
- attend a lecture, a projection, a local product tasting;
- exchange with the members of La Branche culturelle;
- propose an activity to be held at le Café Canopée
Visual artists, sculptors, musicians (unplugged version) are all invited. Also, La Branche culturelle invites the region’s authors to leave their book on consignment available for the public to purchase.
The Café Canopée is situated at St-Louis-de-France Church, in the balcony, in reference to the name and logo of La Branche culturelle.
For information : 450 495-8022 ▪ [email protected]