The Hawkesbury Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has arrested and charged a Hawkesbury man in a child luring investigation.
On December 6, 2022, Marc-Aurele St-Amour, a 34-year-old male, from Hawkesbury, was arrested and charged with the following Criminal Code (CC) and Smoke Free Ontario Act (SFOA) offences:
· Adult Luring a Person Under 18 years of age by means of Telecommunication – CC 172.1(1)(a)
· Adult Uttering Threats – Cause death or Bodily Harm – CC 264.1(1)(a)
· Adult Sexual Assault – CC 271
· Adult Sexual Interference – CC 151
· Adult Make Sexually Explicit Material Available to a Person Under 18 years of age – CC 171.1(1)(a)
· Adult Supply tobacco to a person who is less than 19 years old – SFOA 3(1) – 2 Counts
The accused is scheduled to appear in court on December 21, 2022, at the Ontario Court of Justice in l’Orignal.
Anyone wanting to make a difference is encouraged to go to protectchildren.ca and download the “Child Sexual Abuse – It Is Your Business” brochure from the Canadian Center for Child Protection. This is an important first step that can save a child.
Parents are reminded to take a proactive approach to help protect their children from online sexual exploitation by speaking with their children regarding internet safety. Parents and anyone interested in protecting children can find resources to assist them at cybertip.ca.
Police are asking anyone who may have information regarding this investigation or if you have information regarding internet child exploitation, please contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or ontariocrimestoppers.ca. You can also visit cybertip.ca for more information.