The Province of Ontario has declared a lockdown for all of Ontario to begin December 26 at 12:01 am, and has advised Ontarians to stay home and to limit trips outside the home to what is essential.
The Vankleek Hill Farmers’ Market, an establishment that primarily sells food, provides an essential service, and will remain open to serve the community. Reference – Amendments to O. Reg. 82/20 – Rules for Areas in Stage 1 (Lockdown).
The Vankleek Hill Farmers’ Market will be open with RESTRICTIONS for both “In-person” indoor shopping and “Curbside Pick-up”:
- Wednesdays, December 23 and 30, 5pm – 8pm
- Saturdays, January 9 – 30, 10am – 1pm
Mandatory for all establishments allowed to remain open:
- Masks (Face coverings should be tightly fitted to cover the nose, mouth and chin. Scarves and bandanas are insufficient.)
- Physical Distancing – 2m indoors and out
- Numbers of customers allowed indoors reduced by 50%
- Sign in of all Customers with name and phone number
You can support the essential service Vankleek Hill Farmers’ Market provides by:
- Pre – ordering from Vendors and using contactless and/or prepayment opportunities
- Choosing Curbside pick-up of your order
- For in-person shopping – Limit your shopping to one person per family whenever possible
“SHOP, DON’T STOP! is our new motto”, explained Aartje den Boer, president of the market. “People love the Farmers’ Market and all it provides, but at this time it is important that interactions at the market be kept to a minimum. Sadly, this is not the time to “visit” with vendors or friends. Your consideration will help cut back on wait times for other shoppers, reduce potential exposure to Covid-19 and support the efforts of vendors and the Farmers’ Market. We thank everyone for their understanding. Stay safe!”
Vankleek Hill Farmers’ Market Inc. is an incorporated non-profit organization that creates a weekly market place for local farmers, food producers, artisans and crafters to offer their products to the community. It is run by volunteers and is governed by a volunteer board of directors.