Over the past several months, The Nation Municipality, with the help of the consultants from PRC Solutions, has been conducting surveys and speaking with residents and community groups to gather the information needed to set a direction for parks and recreation across the municipality over the next 15 years. As part of the planning process, the municipality is hosting two open houses to share a preliminary strategic direction for the Master Plan.
Residents are invited to attend one of the following open house events:
Open House #1 will be held on Tuesday, October 22, 2019, from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Fournier Community Centre (3210 County Road 9). Residents can register online or by phone at 613-524-2522.
Open House #2 will be held on Wednesday, October 23, 2019, from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Limoges Community Centre (205 Limoges Road). Residents can register online or by phone at 613-524-2522.
These open houses will be an opportunity for residents to:
• Hear a presentation on key research findings;
• Provide their thoughts on the draft vision, mission and principles for the Master Plan;
• Share their ideas on the draft objectives and actions;
• Identify their priorities for the future of parks and recreation in The Nation.
Since the presentations will be done in English, the municipality will provide headsets for simultaneous
translation in French. Residents who would like to reserve a headset can contact Carol Ann Scott by email
at [email protected], or by phone at 613-524-2529.
The preparation of the final plan will start in November 2019 and the consultants will present it to Council
in January 2020.
A budgetary envelope will be put in the 2020 Municipal Budget in prevision of the recommendations of
the final Master Plan.
To follow the progress of The Nation Municipality’s Parks and Recreation Master Plan, visit the
municipality’s website at https://nationmun.ca/en/resident-services/recreation/parks-and-recreationmaster-plan/.
Latest posts by Submitted (see all)
- More information on the Community Patchwork mural - October 15, 2019
- The Maxville water tower named as a contender in the 2019 Tnemec Tank of the Year Contest - October 14, 2019
- Silent greatness: the tree - October 14, 2019