Can you sing? Here’s a chance to have your voice heard.
Entries are now being accepted for the 2019 edition of Les Voix de Prescott-Russell/The Voice of Prescott-Russell.
It’s the sixth edition of the contest, patterned after the popular TV talent show The Voice, and takes place on June 8, 2019 during the Festival du Canard et de la plume (duck and feather festival) in St-Isidore.
“It’s a small contest in a small community,” said organizer Maryse Delorme.
As of last week, 25 people had registered, but Delorme is hoping more sign up by the April 19 deadline.
Registration is free, but participants do have to pay admission to the festival on the day of the competition.
“It’s for the fun of singing,” Delorme said.
However, there are prizes for competitors. They include cash, the opportunity to perform with a band, cutting a demo with a recording studio, and auditioning to perform the national anthem at an Ottawa Senators game.
Contestants must be aged 14 and over. To enter, send a demo recording to [email protected]
Tickets for the Les Voix /The Voice at the Festival du Canard et de la plume are now on sale. They can be purchased at Home Furniture in St-Isidore, or online at https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/contest-the-voicesconcours-les-voix-tickets-52826150438?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
You could win TWO weekend passes, value of $90, to Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019!
To enter, follow these simple instructions:
- Take a photo at our selfie station outside of our offices at 76 Main Street E, then post it on Facebook or Instagram.
- Use hashtag #VKHReviewContest in your post.
- Tag us in your photo! @vkhreview
Be sure to follow @vkhreview on Instagram and Facebook! Contest ends September 16, 2019 at 12 p.m. A random winner will be chosen and announced on our social media pages. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.
Latest posts by James Morgan (see all)
- Residents object to resort proposal in Wentworth, call for mayor’s resignation - September 11, 2019
- Ministry of Health officials visit UCPR to discuss ambulance calls outside territory - September 5, 2019
- Flag crosses Canada by Jeep for food banks - September 4, 2019