To The Editor,
There are more questions than answers provided by the UK-based power developer RES in its claim to writer James Morgan that the Eastern Fields wind power project is “on hold.”
How does a project where the contract was cancelled five months previously get a 20-year contract to generate electricity from the Ontario Energy Board? If, as RES says, that was just “perfunctory,” the Ford government has a bigger problem with “red tape” than it knows.
And why, when the project has no official contract is it still listed on the Environmental Registry, and environment ministry staff confirm it is still in “technical review”? Again, either something funny is going on and taxpayers are not being told, or there is a serious problem in the Ontario government with different departments unaware of what others are doing. Though you would think cancelled contracts would be a hard thing for staff to miss!
The people of The Nation are right to be worried about this project, which could cost us all more than $130 million for power we don’t need, while impacting the environment and wildlife, and exposing residents to environmental noise from the huge wind power generators.
There are still questions, and they need to be answered.
President, Wind Concerns Ontario
The Review presents…Vankleek Hill Summer of Fun!
Great things happen for members of The Review!
Weekly prize draws for our members every Thursday during the month of July!
Use code SUMMERFUNVKH for $10 off your new one-year subscription or renewal!
Join today! Offer expires July 31st, 2019.
There are many ways to subscribe. CLICK HERE to subscribe online (be sure to enter promo code SUMMERFUNVKH). Send an email to [email protected], or call Irene at 1-877-678-3327 ext. 1002. We look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.