A petition is now in circulation to communicate clearly to the Government of Canada that high-speed Internet is a priority for citizens and businesses in rural areas. The Nation Municipality invites its citizens to sign the petition available online at: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Sign/e-2043.
This petition is asking the Government of Canada to:
1. Ensure that the $750 million allocated to the CRTC to achieve the set targets is properly allocated to the communities that need it the most;
2. Ensure the regional distribution of funds; and
3. Allocate additional funding to provide access and improve high-speed Internet in rural areas.
‟High-speed Internet is a very important service, especially today in 2019. People use the Internet more than ever, whether it’s to work, communicate, stay informed or do some research. So we need as many signatures as possible for this petition to send a clear message to the Government of Canada” explains The Nation Municipality’s Mayor, François St-Amour.
Latest posts by Submitted (see all)
- Response from the NDP candidate to the Ethics Commissioner’s report re: SNC Lavalin - August 22, 2019
- A passion for wine: learn from an expert at upcoming course - August 20, 2019
- Jeff Laughren’s forgotten daughter - August 19, 2019