The Glengarry Historical Society has a line-up of speakers each with a focus on local history. The series begins on September 6, 2018 with the stories of the Churches of North Glengarry, presented by Mackie Robertson.
On October 18, there will be a World War 1 Commemorative event at 6 p.m. at the Lancaster Legion, featuring cocktails, dinner and featured speakers: Leon Chamois, Caitlin Bailey and Robin Flockton.
Find out about Private Alexander Clare Macdonald, a Soldier of the Great War, on November 1, 2018, at a presentation by Allan MacDonald.
On December 6, 2018, learn about the History of the Pipers of Glengarry at a presentation by Andrew Munro.
On January 3, 2019, Fred Leroux will be presenting: A Glengarry Luthier – Violins and Guitars.
Learn about Postmasters and Postal Services in Glengarry on February 7, 2019, when David Anderson makes a special presentation.
On March 7, 2019, Martin Lacombe will talk about Trains and Railways. Then, on April 4, 2019, Dane Lanken will talk about, “The Ostrom Papers.”
Finally, on May 2, 2019, the Glengarry Historical Society will hold its annual general meeting.
All events will be held at the Alexandria United Church-on-the-Hill at 7:30 pm. with three exceptions :
– 18 October, 2018 : at Lancaster Legion, 119 Military Rd., Lancaster 6 pm
– 1 November, 2018 : at Sandfield Center, 102 Derby St W, Alexandria at 7:30 pm
– 7 March, 2019 : at Sandfield Center, 102 Derby St W, Alexandria at 7:30 pm
Admission for members is $5 and $10 for non-members. An exception is the October event, for which tickets are $40 per person.
You can also call 613-525-3806 or 613-347-7192.
EXPERIENCE Vankleek Hill
Do you enjoy reading local news as it happens? Then NOW is the time to subscribe! We have a FABULOUS subscription offer for you!!! SUBSCRIBE to our print and e-edition for only 81 cents per week, that’s just $42 (HST incl) per year! Then choose your $5 voucher to redeem at a LOCAL business. Participating businesses are: Apex Escape Rooms, Beau’s Brewery, Broken Kettle Bakery & Barkery, Jade Garden, Nicko’s Resto Bar, Pink Bow Tie, Trillium Tea Room, Vankleek Cottage and VKH Massage Clinic.
Act now. An offer this good won’t last long!
CLICK HERE to subscribe and choose your voucher.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- Emergency continues in Sainte-André-d’Argenteuil as residents evacuate their homes - April 20, 2019
- River levels rising, but rain forecast has been downgraded. Volunteers are at work in area municipalities, filling sandbags - April 20, 2019
- South Nation Conservation warns: Ottawa River water levels could raise one meter above current elevation over the next four days - April 19, 2019