The overpass located at the outskirts of Hawkesbury, at the intersection of Highways 17 and 34, is scheduled to be replaced during the summer of 2019.
As was stated in the notice of study commencement published by the Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO), project details including the preliminary recommended plan, anticipated impacts, road closures and proposed detours were posted on the project website (www.cr17bridges.com) on Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
Part of this study is a public consultation and MTO encourages everyone to review the material posted on the website.
The public is also asked to provide any questions, comments or concerns by Friday, April 27, 2018. Contact information can also be found on the website.
For more information on this endeavour, see the Review article published on February 5, 2018, titled “Intersection of Highways 17 and 34 will be getting a new overpass in 2019”.
You could win TWO weekend passes, value of $90, to Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019!
To enter, follow these simple instructions:
- Take a photo at our selfie station outside of our offices at 76 Main Street E, then post it on Facebook or Instagram.
- Use hashtag #VKHReviewContest in your post.
- Tag us in your photo! @vkhreview
Be sure to follow @vkhreview on Instagram and Facebook! Contest ends September 16, 2019 at 12 p.m. A random winner will be chosen and announced on our social media pages. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.
Latest posts by Cedrik Bertrand (see all)
- Meo Bicycle and The Blue Corner Flea Market – An exhilarating shopping experience that transcends past, present and future - November 1, 2018
- Sarah Cole Cider tackles Ontario market from new home base in Vankleek Hill - October 16, 2018
- Local company helps the Ottawa Wolves bring the Bingham Cup rugby tournament to Ottawa - October 5, 2018