Vankleek Hill artist Susan Jepchott was hard at it last week signing copies of her just-released book called, “The Tangerine Cat.” Jephcott is numbering and signing her first order of books and delivered a few copies to The Review last week. Those copies are now for sale, but Jephcott, who compiled a series of stories she has been writing for several decades, pre-sold almost 100 copies of her book before printing. The book also contains images of her own paintings, of course, which she has matched up with selected stories. The stories are set mostly in Vankleek Hill and some of them require expanding your imagination to include animals that talk and live their own lives alongside humans. The book is for sale online at www.lulu.com. Jephcott worked with Louise Sproule and The Review to pull her project together.
You could win TWO weekend passes, value of $90, to Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019!
To enter, follow these simple instructions:
- Take a photo at our selfie station outside of our offices at 76 Main Street E, then post it on Facebook or Instagram.
- Use hashtag #VKHReviewContest in your post.
- Tag us in your photo! @vkhreview
Be sure to follow @vkhreview on Instagram and Facebook! Contest ends September 16, 2019 at 12 p.m. A random winner will be chosen and announced on our social media pages. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- The Nation violated Municipal Act, but was okay on a few other fronts - September 9, 2019
- Westbound on/off ramps at Highway 417/Highway 34 interchange will be closed for one month starting September 16 - September 6, 2019
- 26-year-old Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts woman missing - September 6, 2019