You are in business, starting a new enterprise. How did you figure out how much to charge for your product or service? It is ultimately a strategic planning question in your business plan. In fact, the pricing of a product or a service is one of the most important aspects of your marketing strategy, which also includes product, promotion, placement (or distribution) and people.
Generally, pricing strategies include the following:
- Cost-plus pricing – simply calculating your costs and adding a mark-up;
- Competitive pricing – setting a price based on what the competition charges;
- Price skimming – setting a high price and lowering it as the market evolves;
- Penetration pricing – setting a price low to enter a competitive market and raising it later;
- Price bundling – combining products and/or services to increase value, and therefore price.
Your pricing strategy should be part of both the “marketing mix” (The 4P strategies: price, product, promotion and placement) and the general business strategy.
If yours is a new company, you must establish yourself in the marketplace. Your pricing strategy will have a huge influence on your customer acquisition skills.
Benoit Brunette, Project Officer
613-675-4661, ext. 8106 or 613-306-2614
EXPERIENCE Vankleek Hill
Do you enjoy reading local news as it happens? Then NOW is the time to subscribe! We have a FABULOUS subscription offer for you!!! SUBSCRIBE to our print and e-edition for only 81 cents per week, that’s just $42 (HST incl) per year! Then choose your $5 voucher to redeem at a LOCAL business. Participating businesses are: Apex Escape Rooms, Beau’s Brewery, Broken Kettle Bakery & Barkery, Jade Garden, Nicko’s Resto Bar, Pink Bow Tie, Trillium Tea Room, Vankleek Cottage and VKH Massage Clinic.
Act now. An offer this good won’t last long!
CLICK HERE to subscribe and choose your voucher.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!